Please make a selection from the Categories dropdown menu to refine your event search.
Farmers' Market - Thur 2 to 6 pm
- Date: 04/20/2017 2:00 PM - 6:00 PM
- Location: Historic Schoolhouse Parking Lot
765 Portola Road
Portola Valley, California 94028
Portola Valley Farmers’ Market
Every Thursday, year-round 2-6pm in beautiful PV Town Center at 765 Portola Road, PV
In case you missed last week’s “Cooking at the Market" demo with Chef Laura Stec, you can find the recipes / check out the photos here: http://laurastec.com/cooking-at-the-market-april-2017/
Thanks to Laura for the delicious ideas and to Bianchini’s Market in Portola Valley for sponsoring April’s healthy cooking demo at the market.
*Strawberry season is well underway and we are very lucky to have 2 amazing certified organic farmers with several varieties of beautiful strawberries: Gallardo Organics brings strawberries, romaine lettuce and assorted field veggies. JSM Organics brings strawberries, asst veggies including snap peas and beautiful spring flowers.
* Field of Greens brings baby greens, an assortment of veggies including asparagus and also those watermelon radishes in Laura’s appetizer spot. Smit Farm has organic apples - try the big Aztec Fuji and organic juices, nuts and apricot jams. Sunrise Farm has avocados, Asian pears, and assorted citrus including easy peels, Pomelos, blood oranges and their incredible tangelos which I personally adore.
*One Ocean Seafood has the freshest selection of seafood. Vic Meats has grass fed/grass finished meats and chickens, bacon, sausage, eggs and ham.
* Local honey, loads of local farm eggs from Windy Hill Eggery and from Maggie’s Green Eggs -n- Jam. Check out the Strawberry-Tangelo this week, so good!
* L’Atelier du Pain rushes in with freshly baked loaves made from local specialty whole grains, all ground immediately before bread making resulting in unrivaled flavor and texture.
* Nut ’n Bean makes specialty nut butters, seed butters, vegan cheese spreads made from cashews or almonds and also some of the very best hummus around.
* Greg from RC Greens brings microgreens to top off all your salads, burgers and sandwiches, roll up in wraps, scramble in your eggs.
* Artesana Sausage makes El Salvadorian style sausages and chorizo. Joyus Juice has freshly made raw and organic fruit juices, made fresh daily.
* Devil’s Canyon Brewery joins us this week with a full line up of their delicious craft brews and house made Root Beer.
Five minute wonder for market night:
Top off your seared Ahi and avocado on the new seaweed bun from L’Atelier du Pain with some napa cabbage RC microgreens and dollop of Wasabi mayo….or skip the bun and serve your seared Ahi on top of Sinbad’s Lebanese Tabouli. Steamed asparagus or broccoli on the side.
Hot Stuff to Eat:
Tony’s Crepe’s both sweet and savory and his Organic Kettle Corn. The RoliRoti truck will be there as usual serving up free-range rotisserie chickens, pork knuckles, Brussels sprouts and fingerling potatoes.
Sweets & Treats:
Flourchylde Gluten-Free Bakery, Tantalizing Toffee and Bliss Pops popsicles and more. Noble Treats for the four-legged family members.
Crafts this week:
Kathena Avalon Jewelry is with us this week, Earth’s Sister Handbags and Body and Soul Apothecary.
Portola Valley Farmers' Market