New C&D Requirements and Streamlined Documentation
CONSTRUCTION & DEMOLITION (C&D) DEBRIS ORDINANCE
UPDATE TO RECYCLING & DIVERSION REQUIREMENTS
Effective February 25, 2017
* APPLIES TO MOST PERMITTED PROJECTS
* REQUIRES AT LEAST 75% DIVERSION
* USE GREEN HALO SYSTEMS ONLINE SOFTWARE TO
- Create a Waste Management Plan
- Upload Weight Tags
- Demonstrate Compliance
The Town of Portola Valley has new Construction & Demolition Debris Requirements, which are outlined below and can be downloaded and printed here. The ordinance was updated in response to new CALGreen State green building code requirements and calls for most permitted projects in the Town to recycle, reuse, salvage or divert at least 75 percent of their debris for most construction and demolition projects.
As part of this update, the Town of Portola Valley has also deployed the use of Green Halo Systems, an online debris tracking website that simplifies how contractors document their waste and recycling from demolition and construction projects. It also helps ensure that diversion requirements are met for both the Town and CALGreen. The new software is free to contractors and its cloud-based system allows for anywhere, anytime access. Other features allow users to view and analyze trends and reports.
Creating a waste management plan is easy with Green Halo. Enter your project information, identify materials, select recycling facilities and click Start Project. It’s that easy. Green Halo creates a detailed waste management plan that you can share with your project managers, sub-contractors, and clients with just one click, making sure everyone on your project has a clear outline of your diversion goals.
WE ARE HERE TO HELP!
- Download and print our new C&D Handout
- View additional demolition permit requirements
- Go to http://portolavalley.wastetracking.com/ to create a free account
- Call Green Halo if you need help using the waste-tracking system 1-888-525-1301
- Attend our Webinar with Green Halo on Wednesday, March 8th at 11:00 am: https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/679478501