Options for Home Energy Assessments
• Volunteer-Based, Social Marketing
• Professional Assessment/Rating Systems
Do-It-Yourself Energy Audits
Professional Energy Assessment Companies Serving Portola Valley*
See www.empowerportolavalley.com for a list of companies* that perfrom energy assessments in Portola Valley.
Professional Home Rating Systems/Raters
California Home Energy Efficiency Rating Services - CHEERS
Home Energy Rating System - HERS
Flex Your Power
- Flex Your Power is California's statewide energy efficiency marketing and outreach campaign. Initiated in 2001, Flex Your Power is a partnership of California's utilities, residents, businesses, institutions, government agencies and nonprofit organizations working to save energy. The campaign includes a comprehensive website, an electronic newsletter and blog, and educational materials. Flex Your Power has received national and international recognition, including an ENERGY STAR Award for excellence.
Alliance to Save Energy
- The Alliance to Save Energy promotes energy efficiency worldwide to achieve a healthier economy, a cleaner environment and greater energy security.
Rocky Mountain Institute - Home Resource Efficiency
- a nonprofit organization established in 1982 by resource analysts L. Hunter Lovins and Amory B. Lovins. What began as a small group of colleagues focusing on energy policy has since grown into a broad-based institution with approximately eighty full-time staff, an annual budget of nearly $12 million and a global reach.
U.S. Department of Energy - Stay Warm, Save Money
- information on financial assistance for energy-saving improvements
PG&E Energy Partners Program
- provides qualified low-income customers free weatherization measures and energy-efficient appliances to reduce gas and electricity usage.