Selected sections of the General Plan are available as downloadable pdf's below. Please contact the Planning Manager at (650) 851-1700 ext. 212 if you have any questions.
||General Plan Introduction (57 KB)|
||Setting, Assumptions and General Policy (93 KB)|
||Land Use Element (245 KB)|
||• Land Use Element: Sets forth guidelines for land occupancy and describes the location and distribution aspects of land uses. |
• Open Space Element: Provides a framework for the preservation of open space within the planning area.
• Recreation Element: Provides guidelines for meeting the recreational needs of the Town.
||Housing Element (343 KB) Sets forth the goals and policies of the Town with regard to housing.|
||Historic Element (137 KB) Identifies principal historic resources and sets objectives for their preservation, enhancement and maintenance. |
• Sites for Historic Element - Within City Limits Diagram (4,851 KB)
Circulation (161 KB)
• Circulation Element: Provides the overall description of proposals and describes in detail proposals for streets and roads.
• Trails and Paths Element: Provides a guide to establishing a free and unimpeded network that will allow and promote trail and path use.
1. Trails Element: Plan Diagram A (5 KB)
2. Trails Element: Plan Diagram B (29 MB)
• Scenic Roads and Highways Element: Provides policies and guidelines with respect to designation and maintenance of scenic highways within the Town.
||Environmental Quality (194 KB)|
||• Safety Element: Presents 1) an identification and evaluation of geologic and fire hazards in Portola Valley, 2) a statement of official Town policy for the avoidance, reduction or abatement of those hazards, and 3) guidelines for disaster response. |
• Safety Table (part of Safety Element)
• Conservation Element: Provides a programmatic approach for the conservation, restoration, development and utilization of natural resources.
• Noise Element: Establishes policies for the preservation of tranquility within the Town consistent with its rural character.
Sub-Area Plans (174 KB)
• Nathhorst Triangle Area Plan Diagram (183 KB)
• Alpine Scenic Corridor Diagram (4,814 KB)
• Town Center Area Plan Diagram (204 KB)
||Sustainability Element (59 KB) A major goal of the community is to ensure the sustainability of our environment. The provisions of this element, in addition to provisions in other parts of the General Plan, are intended to help the community realize this goal.|