Local Heroes on Local Issues Series
The Town of Portola Valley launched its Green Speaker Series: Local Heroes on Local Issues in April 2009. Local Bay Area talent addressed issues relevant to Portola Valley and provided residents with tools and resources to make their homes more efficient, to conserve resources and to make sustainable choices.
April to September 2009
Tuesday, 7:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m.
• Energy-Saving Fixes to Include When Remodeling with Suzanne Emerson
• There is Always Room for Improvement - Greening a 1910 House with a 2005 Addition
with Paul Welschmeyer
• Green Building: Why it is Better for You, Your Wallet and the Planet with David Edwards, PhD.
• Deconstruction and Building Materials Salvage with Ted Reiff
• Green Building Comes Inside - Decision Making for Interiors with Kirsten Flynn
• Everything You Always Wanted to Know About Solar Energy But Were Afraid to Ask
with Craig Rush
• Rainwater Harvesting and Closed-Loop Landscape Design with Bobby Markowitz
• Landscape Irrigation Efficiency with Chip Krug
• Food & Climate Change with Chef Laura Stec and Eugene Cordero, Ph.D
RSVP is appreciated,
but not required.
Portola Valley Town Center, Community Hall
765 Portola Road, Portola Valley, CA
For more information, or to RSVP, please contact:
Brandi de Garmeaux, Sustainability and Resource Efficiency Coordinator
Please note: the hosting of speakers for the Green Speaker Series: Local Heroes on Local Issues does not constitute an endorsement by the Town of Portola Valley (Town). The Town does not endorse any of the speakers, their businesses or the information provided in their presentations.